Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Five Years

This week has been difficult for me. Last Thursday, October 22nd was my 5 year anniversary of my injury. I tend to get a little depressed this time of year even if I think I wont. I suppose its my subconscious mind knowing all I went through. The memory of a trauma that will always live within me. But the good news is that its only a memory, not a state of being. These past 5 years I have endured a lot but also have grown a lot. Its amazing how a struggle teaches you so much about yourself, life, patience, perseverance, and most of all God's love. I'm growing in ways unimaginable & am excited to see how much I will do in my life because of this.

Five years ago I was so weak, unable to breathe on my own, talk, move, or feel & now I am crawling, sitting up on my own, feeling again, and recently standing (with assistance) and lifting my hip high enough to clear my foot off the ground. So I remain motivated & persistent. The fight continues, because God is great & I have a lot to be thankful for!!!

1 comment:

  1. Natalie...God has paved a wonderful road for your journey - He has taken you to places with such amazing therapy, meeting people with various skills, and helped you grow all for the amazing purpose and plan He has waiting for you. You have encourage, inspired, strengthen more than you will ever realize by your courage, strength and determination but mostly by how much God smiles through you. Hold onto His hand and enjoy this road for He has great things happening for you! I love you very much and miss you even more. Love, Momma

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know your comments or questions